Friday 20 June 2014

Annnnndd relax!!

Hi all,

Well thank you so much so far to those of you who have commented or emailed me, I've even gained a few followers so thank you all for stopping by! I'm going to try and keep up with the blogging as I find it really great watching everyone else and reading about your sewing and lives etc. I hope I keep you all interested!

This week has been my last week of university for this year. Finished all my exams yesterday and it's an amazing feeling. I've booked the whole of July off so I can relax and sew and get back to reading for pleasure, rather than for work. Already started a fab book called The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. My mentor at uni recommended it and it was the first thing I picked up yesterday after my exam was finished!

Had a lovely lunch with some girl friends to celebrate everything being over. Delicious food and they even had a cheeky lunchtime cocktail - I was driving so it was diet coke for me but still a fab afternoon. I've just been informed by one of my closest friends that in today's final lecture of the year that we are taking loads of photos to mark the end! Hope she gets my good side hahaha.

Going away to Devon next week with my husband to see my grandparents and to show him the area they live. It's beautiful down there and we both need the time away so I can't wait. My grandma used to be a cross stitcher too and has promised to give me all her old stash and patterns and I even think there is a frame or two! I'm so excited, it's nice now that I've taken up this hobby that we can bond over it. Plus, what sort of stitcher would I be to turn down free stash!?

Hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely weather. I'm not going to mention the football...

Chat soon lovelies, always great to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Hope you enjoy your week away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole month off? Bliss! I'm sure you deserve it at the end of the academic year.

    BTW, you are still coming up as a no-commenter blogger but if you reply to this comment by email then I will save the addy for next time :-)

    Enjoy Devon and bonding with your grandmother. Don't forget to share your stash photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've checked all my blog settings and tbh I don't know what it means or how to fix it :-( any tips for a newbie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!