Friday 13 June 2014

First post...Testing, testing...

Hi all, this is my first blog post! How exciting!

I've decided to set this blog up to document the progress of my various stitching works and as a bit of a diary as I go along. To start with, let me tell you a little about myself...

I am a full time student studying a degree in Psychology. It's really interesting but such hard work that I started cross-stitching earlier this year as a way to relax after a busy day studying. This year, from August, I will be doing a work placement in an emergency homeless shelter which I'm really looking forward to! One of my other pastimes that I love is reading but I haven't had much time to read for pleasure, what with all the studying I do. I'm looking forward to getting that time back to myself once I start at the shelter!

I have a golden Labrador called Cody, who is my baby. He is nearly 9 years old and a bundle of fun. No doubt you will see countless photos of him along the way... I have also just celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary with my darling husband Michael. I'm sure he'll get the odd mention along the way.

 
 
On to stitching!! My first project was a beginners kit, which was a lovely butterfly. I loved stitching it and gave it to my mother in law as she loved the colours in it. I have also done a cute giraffe picture and a bookmark for various friends. I have to say my backs are coming along well, finding it so much easier to keep them neat!
 
 

My current WIPs are a Boofle Wedding Sampler for my best friends wedding in July. I'm making fairly good progress with that but will enjoy it more once exams are finished I think. Also I have, on the side, a Flower Fairies Masterpiece that I'm doing for my mum who is fairy crazy. That one is pretty complicated though and is taking ages. I have a few other projects with deadlines that need doing first, will just have to fit in the odd bit of stitching here and there when I can with that one.Right, I'm signing off now. Happy stitching! ~Summer

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!